Quinlan's Pharmacy & Medical Supply
offers a large selection of Dr. Comfort footwear with custom soles in store.
Dr. Comfort was founded in 2002 by Rick Kanter, a footwear professional with more than two decades of experience. Kanter grew up in his father's footwear business and eventually started a chain of comfort footwear stores specializing in providing a variety of styles, sizes and widths.
Qualifying patients are eligible for one pair of extra-depth shoes and three pairs of inserts every calendar year.
DR. COMFORT - MEDICARE REIMBURSEMENT
Since 1983, Medicare Part B has provided partial reimbursement for extra-depth shoes and inserts for qualifying patients with diabetes. Medical experts agree that many amputations resulting from diabetes-related foot complications can be prevented by appropriate, properly fitting footwear.
To qualify for Medicare reimbursement, your certifying physician (M.D. or D.O.) must confirm that:
- You have diabetes mellitus
- You exhibit one or more of these at-risk factors:
- Partial or complete foot amputation
- History of previous foot ulceration
- History of pre-ulcerative callus
- Peripheral neuropathy with evidence of callus formation
- Foot deformity
- Poor circulation
- You are being treated under a comprehensive care plan for your diabetes and would benefit from therapeutic footwear.